When the hands shape without constraints,
it gives a lot of softness…
that fall within the framework
◦ My Story
My figurines have been largely inspired by my childhood (spent between Africa and the Caribbean), Naive Art (notably haitian), Modern Art, as well as Street Art, the latter of which I am an absolute fan.
From my studio in Québec I use grogged white clay, allowing me to work with more “substance” between my fingers. Emerging from my imagination, my creations hardly respect the traditional codes of drawing. I am not trying to create an ideal or perfect character, because my goal is to make those who look at them, smile; these figurines are in no shape or form spokespeople to any ideal. I mould my characters in a state of self-abandonment, it is often the clay that leads my hands where it wants to go….
◦ My moodboard
Images, shapes, artists and colors….
◦ Past, present and future events
- ARTPLAY.IO – Online art sales site – from June 2021
- Galerie LE CHIEN D’OR – Québec – from May 2021
- Galerie LE 27 – Ceret – France
- Galerie PAGE – Biarritz – France
- Collaboration around « Esmeralda » with the artist NINU ART ABSTRAIT – France – 2020
- Atelier RICARDO PONCE – Valence – 2019/2020
- Galerie URBANIA – Québec – 2018/2019
- Galerie TOUT KOULE – Martinique – 2017
- Atelier MEMOIRE D’ARGILE – Martinique
Galerie ILE ET ELLE – Permanent exhibition
6926 Chemin Royal St-Laurent de l’île d’Orléans, Québec